1.Percentage of Fiber in Whole-Grain Food: Check the percentage of fiber and cholesterol presence in food items. If it has 3% and more of fiber then it is considered as whole-grain and anything below it cannot be considered as being healthy.
2.Artificial Colors: They add artificial colors to make the food item attractive which are unhealthy when taken as large quantities or on regular basis.
3.Sugar Levels: Check the sugar level in all the food items. Food with high level of sugar is completely unhealthy.
4.Flavor enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate): Don’t eat more ready to eat items as they have more flavor enhancer which causes sweating,breathing problem,headache etc.
5.Trans fat: If the food includes hydrogenated oils like margarine, then your food includes trans-fat. Large amount of trans fat can be harmful for the body.
1.According to Ayurveda curd consumption at night is not good as it causes mucus (kapha)development which leads to cough and cold.
2.Add sugar in curd if you having it during the day and if you are eating curd at night, add sugar or black pepper. It will help in digestion.
3.Buttermilk is best substitute to curds at night.
4.Curd rice is very good for the stomach and a light option for the summers too.
Know the Best Time to Hydrate
1.Two glasses after waking up.
2.One glass 30 minutes before a meal.
3.One glass before taking a bath.
4.One glass before going to bed.
The Best Times to Eat for Weight Loss
- Try to eat every 3 to 4 hours: Eat three meals and one snack, or four smaller meals.Timing your meals in this way will improve your fat loss by preventing excess insulin.
- Never skip your breakfast:Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.When you skip breakfast, you eat more during your lunch which gets you extra calories.
- Never eat within 3 hours of bedtime: Eating too close to bedtime increases blood sugar and insulin.
- Start the day with protein: Eating protien will not make you hungry and you’ll eat less throughout the day.
5 Benefits Of Regular Physical Activity
- Exercise boosts energy: Exercise and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
- Exercise improves mood: Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
- Exercise controls weight: Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss.
- Exercise promotes better sleep: Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise can be fun: Find a physical activity you enjoy, and just do it. If you get bored, try something new.
Lack of sleep increases stroke risk
1.The 30% of people who sleeps less than six hours a night are four times more likely to suffer a stroke.
2. The body of human being is stressed when it doesn’t get the right amount of sleep.
3.Less sleep is the reason to many harmful changes in the cardiovascular system.”
Top 5 health benefits of walking every day
1.Best and easy workout:This can be done almost anywhere and at any time.
2.Stress buster: While walking, the body releases endorphin which in turn stimulates relaxation.
3.Strengthens the muscles:Regular walking strengthens the muscles of the legs particularly the hamstrings and quadriceps.
4.Reduces the risk of diseases:Walking increases the blood circulation within the body, which in turn keeps all heart related diseases
5.Burns calories: An hour of walk everyday together with a healthy diet is a good tool to cut down the extra flab.
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Yoga
1.Fight Food Cravings: Yoga breathing exercises can help you slow down and make better choices when cravings strike.
2.Sleep Better:Breathing and mental exercises allow the mind to slow down, which helps to get a better sleep.
3.Boost Sexual Performance: yoga can improve sexual desire, arousal, performance, confidence, orgasm and satisfaction for both men and women.
4.Ease Migraines: Three months of yoga practice can reduce the pain of migraine sufferers.
5.Boost Immunity: Yoga also helps to boost immunity by simply increasing overall health
5 Causes of Gas and Bloating
1.Avoid drinking through a straw, chewing gum, or drinking carbonated beverages.
2.Abdominal gas is produced by the bacteria in your gut that help digest your food.
3.Foods that tend to make bloating worse include sweeteners like grains, legumes, dairy products and certain fruits and vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and prunes.
4.These foods contain sugars and starches that some people have trouble digesting.
5.Overeating, eating too quickly, and not chewing your food adequately also contribute to bloating.
5 tips to stay healthy this rainy season
1.Eat healthy: Eating healthy and hot food is the cheapest way to protect you from sickness.
2.Wash your hands:To keep you from getting colds, cough and influenza, regular hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria and keep away diseases.
3.Always carry your umbrella: To avoid getting sick, don’t forget to bring your umbrella with you wherever you go.
4.Drink clean water:If you’re unsure of the water supply, boil it or buy purified drinking water to be safe.
5.Keep your surroundings clean: Dengue, a fatal disease caused by mosquitoes, is the most rampant disease during the rainy season. Don’t leave any water stagnant and throw away the things that may promote mosquito breeding.